Danita’s Own Tasty Healthy Vegan Brownies Recipe
Who doesn’t like brownies?
I can always wait while you try to find someone.
I mean who wouldn’t want to have some brownies, right now?
However, you’re stuck in that same old dilemma. On the one hand you are trying to stay true to your diet, while on the other hand, brownies are delicious and deserve to be eaten and enjoyed.
But you know that if you do, it’s going to leave a heavy feeling in your stomach. I mean that literally because of the amount of sugar and fat you will be putting into your system.
You can’t have the best of both worlds, or can you?
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could treat yourself, but at the same time enjoy a decadent chocolate treat? There should be an alternative, and what if I told you that I have a way for you to be able to stick to your body transformation and be able to enjoy a healthy bite of brownies as well.
Oh yeah, that’s right. I said it. You can have your cake, well brownie in this case and eat it too.
The alternative I am talking about is healthy vegan brownies which are not only lighter but contain half the sugar.
So ladies, let’s head on over to the counter and make this delicious treat together.
What will you need?
You can use chia “eggs” to replace your normal eggs. Simply mix 1 tbsp of chia seeds with 3 tbsp water for each egg you are using. This mixture will work as a binding agent.
To make the brownies more chocolaty, dark chocolate chunks can be used as it will also enhance the flavor.
1.5 cups (170g) wholemeal spelt flour
1/3 cup (35g) cocoa/cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) stevia
1/4 cup (4 tbsp/35g) coconut sugar (or you can use brown or white)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp instant coffee (I used espresso instant coffee)
1/3 cup (55g) dairy-free/vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup (8 tbsp/120ml) oil (I used coconut oil but any kind will do)
1/2 cup (120ml) milk (I used hemp milk but any kind will do)
2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water)
1/2 tsp vanilla paste (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
1. Start with preheating the oven to 350* F.
2. Take a small bowl and mix chia seeds in about 6 tbsp of water and let is rest. Now start working on preparing other ingredients for the healthy vegan brownie recipe.
3. Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl except for chocolate chips and mix well.
4. In another bowl, mix the chia seeds with milk, oil and vanilla.
5. Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
6. Now it’s time to fold in the chocolate chips and transfer to the baking pans.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes before letting it cool off.
8. The most important step is to ENJOY.
These healthy vegan brownies are not only delicious but also have a great impact on your overall health. They can assist in keeping inflammation away, and can also bring down your cholesterol levels as well.
So ladies there you have it. Now you can enjoy these delicious, and healthy brownies, without the guilt.